Paul wrote to the church at Ephesus, “Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11).
The phrase “whole armor” is taken from the Greek word panoplia, and it refers to a Roman soldier who is fully dressed in his armor from head to toe.
Since this is the example Paul put before us, we must consider the full dress, the panoplia, of the Roman soldier.
WHAT IS A SPIRITUAL WEAPON?
In spiritual context, a weapon is often referred to as an object or tool that can be used to protect oneself from negative energies, or to aid in spiritual growth and development. Some examples of spiritual weapons include: SPIRITUAL WEAPONS
- Prayer: This is considered one of the most powerful spiritual weapons as it allows an individual to connect with a higher power and ask for protection and guidance.
- Mantra: A sacred word or phrase that is repeated as a form of meditation and can be used as a form of protection or to manifest positive change.
- Mala beads: A string of beads that are used for counting during mantra repetition.
- Yantra: A geometric design, often in the form of a mandala, that is used for meditation and to focus the mind.
- Talismans and amulets: These are objects that are believed to have spiritual power and are worn or carried to bring good luck, protection and positive energy.
- Energy cleansers such as Sage, Palo santo, and crystals.
These are just a few examples, different cultures and spiritual practices have their own specific weapon considered as powerful. It’s important to note that no weapon can replace one’s own will and determination to grow and protect oneself spiritually.
READ MORE- PRAYER TO GOD | SPIRITUAL PRAYER
Spiritual Weapons Bible Verse
There are several Bible verses that discuss spiritual weapons in the context of faith and protection. Some examples include:
- Ephesians 6:10-18: “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
- Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-5 “For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
- Isaiah 59:16-17 “He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm worked salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him. He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.”
These verses among other speaks of the power of God and the importance of faith, prayer, and the Word of God as spiritual weapons that can protect us from the devil’s schemes and the spiritual forces of evil.